Monday, February 9, 2015

NY Fashion Week - Donna Karan

What a great start to my work week. I just got ticket to a Donna Karan/Urban Zen event next week. I so love fashion. I can't wait to go next week. I am not getting involved with New York Fashion Week this year. It has actually been several years since I attended a fashion show. And now with all the turmoil and all the big sponsers backing out. The gift bags will be terrible.

Thanks mostly my reason for going besides dressing up are the gift bags. I grew tired of watching the fashion shows they are very short and they all start to run together.  My first runway shows for Mercedes Benz Fashion Week  was in September 2010. It was the first fashion show at Damrosch Park. I didn't realize that they had more sponsership and the goodie bag proved it.


 I ended up getting at least three of these bags, and on of the most valued items in there was a free nights stay at the Elysian Hotel at Chicago 9 now the Waldorf Astoria Chicago.

We were there in April 2011. I am glad the hotel was great because the weather was bad. It rained half the time we were there. But I enjoyed it! I have to definitely go there again.

I accumulated about 5 of those vouchers and I took advantage and stayed 5 nights at the Elysian. It was of the best hotels in Chicago (in my opinion). I was a iPefer member and I got a free upgrade. So I sayed in one of their one bedroom suites. Their service is exquisite.

The after parties are so much better. I remember a few years back I attended a Betsey Johnson after party. It was the best? She was crazy as always. I met her in person and she was great. Too cute!

But I met fashion icon a few years ago and sat frnt row at one of her runway shows was, Carolina Herrera! It was a great experience, after the show I met her in person and then I was taken to her boutique on Madison avenue to for cocktails and to shop the collection that was presented. I ended up buying her lux cashmere throw. and we were gifted a nice CH wristlet.


                                                 Carolina Herrera Spring 2013 Collection

I am looking forward to attend on of here bridal runways shows. A girl can dream right!

Well back to the present....I should be getting my itinerary for the Donna Karan event in the mail tomorrow. I will share the details soon.

This makes me want to get back into attending fashion shows again

Ciao until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment